This week, I worked on the authentication plugin and plugin properties. I managed to complete both of them this week. Now I am mostly left with the Export plugin and also some of the tests and refactoring from my previous work. The tests that I wrote this week were pretty simple as compared to the other libraries that I have written tests for. There were mostly setters and getters to test with no underlying logic to test as such. I chose not to ignore UTs for setters and getters for reasons highlighted in this post here.
Also, initially I thought it wasn’t possible to test abstract classes as
you cannot instantiate them into objects. However, it appears that PHPUnit has a method
makes testing of concrete functions for abstract classes possible. I will be mostly travelling so I may not be able to
contribute a lot this week.